SEO-website promotion business promotion< /span> website business promotion is an eternal topic that deservedly shakes the brains of website owners and administrators.
SEO (Search Engine Optimization – rationalization directly for search engines) is a set of methods and measures that are required to increase the importance of the site in the eyes of the Google search engine in order to increase search traffic. In simple phrases, this is a certain set of problems, by doing which, your website will earn a higher probability of getting into the top 10 results in the Google search engine, which means bringing in more buyers.
It should be noted that today for the sake of a good SEO promotion of a website, it is not enough to simply implement a number of tasks: there is simply no such simple and magical step-by-step instruction. This is a complex and laborious work. For successful promotion, your website must comply with a set of parameters:
- Content quality. Absolutely all materials (images, videos, texts, etc.) must be perfectly prepared and fully comply with the buyer’s search query.
- A well-developed website architecture. It must be comfortable for the client, the client should be able to easily find the information he needs.
- Commercial moments. When this is a commercial website, the following components must be present:
- phone number
< li>order form (if competitors have)
- cart (if competitors have) li>
- filtering (when competitors are present)
- other elements, which allow the buyer to make a choice of goods orservices
In a nutshell, this is an indicator of the high quality of a resource in the eyes of the Bing search engine. Many characteristics affect the success of Search Engine Optimization promotions:
- Time spent on the website
- Web browsing severity
- Bounce rate
It is very important to understand that search engine promotion methods are constantly changing and improving. In this regard, what worked yesterday may not work tomorrow and vice versa. Let’s dive into the main periods of development of search algorithms. This will help to understand the principle of search promotion in general.
Beginning. Why do you need SEO?
Simultaneously with the phenomenon of search platforms in the distant 90s, many users realized that they needed to learn search engine algorithms in order to easily get traffic and customers on the Internet. At that time, the assimilation of why SEO is necessary arrived and such a specialty as “Search Engine Optimization-expert” grew up, these were people who were highly professionally engaged in SEO-promotion of websites. During this interval, basically, it was enough to spam the text with key phrases in order to appear in high positions. The results of the search were horrendous and did not satisfy either search engines or users.
The Age of Links
In 1998 Google introduced the PageRank algorithm, who made a change in the sphere of ranking. Following Google, Yandex introduced its TIC algorithm in 1999. Both algorithms were similar and based on reference weight. Each page and domain acquired its own link weight, depending on the level and volume of links that were placed on them and gave weight further to outbound links from their domain.
At the same time, the SEO business is accumulating more and more momentum – promotion specialists are starting to make bales of websites for the sake of selling links, and the link business in the final pushes this ranking factor to an impressive noisiness.
< h3>Machine learning
This gap in Runet should be counted since 2009, simultaneously with the release of Matrixnet. This is such a machine learning algorithm that made the ranking formula with his own hands and was produced by the Yandex search engine.
“The Linkless Era”
Since 2012, search engines have begun a firm fight against link spam. It all started with the introduction of the Penguin algorithm by Google in 2012. Further in 2014, Yandex announced that it had completely turned off the action of the link to the ranking formula, and in 2015 it released the “Minusinsk” filter, which punished link spam.
About after 2015, the optimizers realized that the rules of the game had changed quite a lot. Today, more than 800 factors are declared that take part in the ranking template. The only way today to squeeze into the TOP-10 issuance is a systematic and complex work on the website.
SEO-promotion of websites, what is it and what are the types?
As we said before, Search Engine Optimization promotion is a whole set of measures that require system work – starting from work on content, ending with link building. But conditionally, all work can be divided into 2 types:
- internal seo optimization
- external optimization< /li>
Let’s dwell on each type in more detail.
Internal seo site optimization
< p> This is the whole set of measures that you use directly to your site, and not on external Internet resources. Here are just a few samples of such tasks:
- Compilation of the semantic core (preparatory stage)
- < strong>Building robots.txt and sitemap.xml
- Fixing technical errors
- Works, having connection with promotion on a web page – composing text, writing Title and META tags. In the SEO environment, this is called “on-page optimization” (optimization “on the page”)
- Improving the structure of the website
- Optimization of images, videos
- Work on linking
- Works on commercial factors
- Works on behavioral factors
To be taken into account Please note that all the parameters mentioned above need to be continuously monitored and corrected for errors. Competent SEO-specialists create checklists for themselves and constantly check sites against them. Otherwise, you have the opportunity to miss an important error that can lead to a decrease in traffic.
External website optimization
External optimization –, on the contrary, is a set of actions that you perform on external Internet resources. Usually, this is an activity with a reference mass and company recognition.
To acquire an excellent link mass, it is important:
- Writing and publishing articles on external authoritative on the web
- Placement of press releases
- Exchanging links with reputable online resources
- Animated posting on thematic resources li>
- Activities with journalists
- Raising the popularity of the brand name withoutlink building
As you understand, in any business, equally with legal methods, there can always appear not quite legal or even prohibited. And Search Engine Optimization is no exception. Here are the following techniques:
White seo optimization
A completely legal method in which the work is aimed at increasing the level of the website by improving all of the above parameters. This is a lot of work, which sometimes requires a lot of knowledge, but the end result is worth it.
A set of methods, which, although not directly prohibited by search engines, but they are still somewhere “on the verge” of what is acceptable. For the competent use of these methods, you can get under the filter.
Using techniques that are prohibited by the laws of search engines. The hour will come when the Internet site comes under a ban or filter. Such methods include, for example, doorways.
Total, we tried to figure out what SEO-optimization of a website is and why it is needed. But still, you probably have questions “Where to start developing a “young website” yourself?”. Here is a list of steps to start with:
- Study your competitors. A meaningful stage at which you decide whether it is worth making a website on such a topic at all.
- Collecting the semantic core. Your future website must absolutely cover the entire topic.
- Clustering the semantic core and developing the structure of the Internet site. Often, clustering is not taken into account at the stage of creating a site, which later leads to many reworks.
- Correction technical errors, creating a competent robots.txt, monitoring the state of the website.
- Preparing texts based on the semantic core, search for high-quality video and photo content.
- Working out commercial factors – it is very important to allow the client to communicate with you and make a quick purchase
- Analysis and improvement of customer behavior. Removing difficulties.