Search Engine Optimization is a never-ending topic that successfully shakes the brains of administrators and website owners.
SEO (Search Engine Optimization – optimization directly for the Bing search engine) is a set of methods and measures that should increase the importance of a website in the eyes of search engines to increase Internet traffic. In simple words, this is a certain set of tasks, by doing which, your site will gain a noble opportunity to get into the top 10 search engine results, which means bringing more users.
It should be noted that today, for the sake of effective SEO promotion of a website is not enough just to complete a series of tasks: such simple and fabulous detailed instructions are simply far from available. This is complex and difficult work. For effective promotion, your website must comply with a set of characteristics:
- High quality articles. All without exceptions materials (images, videos, texts, etc.) must be perfectly prepared and fully correspond to the client’s search query.
- Detailed site layout. It must be convenient for the client, the client must be able to find the information he needs very quickly.
- Commercial factors. If this is a commercial website, the following elements should definitely appear:
- order form (when competitors are present)
- basket (when competitors)
- filtering (if competitors are present)
- other components that help the customer choose a service orproduct
- Reference weight and brand identity. Here the usual rule functions: “the more you get to know, the more they talk about you”, and in the eyes of search engines it sounds like: “than Read More You are known, the more links you get.”
- High website loading speed. Recently, this has become an increasingly important factor due to the increasing prominence of the mobile internet and mobile devices. It is very important to observe the rationalization of scripts and code for faster loading of the Internet site. Pay special attention to display on cell phones.
- Behavior Conditions – one of the main ranking conditions for the current period.
In a nutshell, this is the result of a high quality resource in the eyes of the Google search engine. A sufficient number of characteristics affect the well-being of SEO promotion:
- Time, time spent on the website
- Severity of page views
- Bounce rate
The main thing to remember is that the methods of search engine promotion of a website are systematically changed and improved. In this regard, what worked before may not work tomorrow and vice versa. Let’s dive into the main periods of promotion of search algorithms. This will help to comprehend the method of search promotion in general.
Beginning. What is SEO for?
In sync with the emergence of search engines back in the 1990s, many users realized that it was desirable to learn search engine algorithms in order to effortlessly get traffic and buyers in the network. At that time, an understanding came for what SEO was needed and such a specialty as “SEO-specialist” appeared, these were people who worked at a high level in SEO-promotion of websites. During this interval, basically, it was enough to spam the main words of the text in order to be in high positions. The search results were terrible and also did not satisfy either users or search engines.
In 1998, the Google search engine presented the PageRank algorithm, which made a change in the rankings. Then behind Google, Yandex introduced its TIC algorithm in 1999. Both algorithms were similar and based on reference weight. Each page and domain took its own link weight, depending on the quality and quantity of links that were placed on them, and gave further weight to outbound links from their domain.
In parallel with this, the SEO business is gaining momentum – Promotion specialists start creating websites in bulk for the sake of link trading and the link business in the end leads to an impressive noisiness of this ranking factor.
This stage in Runet should be counted from 2009, in parallel with the release of Matrixnet. This is a machine learning algorithm that made the ranking formula with its own hands and was invented by the Yandex search engine.
Since 2012< /em> search engines have started a hard fight against link spam. It all started with the introduction of the Penguin algorithm by Google in 2012. Then, in 2014, Yandex announced that it had completely turned off the effect of the link to the ranking formula, and in 2015 it released the “Minusinsk” filter, which punished the mailing list.
Today’s CEORoughly at the end of 2015, the optimizers realized that the rules of the game had changed a lot. Today, more than 800 factors are declared, which take part in the ranking formula. The only way for today to squeeze into the TOP-10 issuance is a comprehensive and systematic work on the website.
SEO promotion of websites, what is it and what are the types?
As we said earlier, SEO promotion is a whole set of measures that are necessary systematic work – from work on content to link building. But conditionally, all work can be divided into 2 types:
- internal seo optimization
- external optimization
Let’s stop at in each form in more detail.
Internal website optimization
This is the whole range of measures that you use directly to your website and not on external resources. Here are just a couple of examples of such tasks:
- Compilation of the semantic core (preliminary stage) robots.txt and sitemap.xml files
- Correction of technological oversights
- Work related to optimization on a web page – text writing, writing Title and META tags. In the world of Search Engine Optimization, this is called “on-page optimization” (optimization “on the web page”)
- Improving the structure of the website
- Work on linking
- Work on commercial factors li>
- Work on behavioral factors
< li>Optimization of images, videos
It must be taken into account that behind all the characteristics mentioned above, it is necessary constantly monitor and fix errors. Professional SEO specialists create checklists for themselves and systematically check websites against them. Otherwise, you may miss an important mistake, which then leads to a loss of traffic.
External website optimization
External seo optimization, on the contrary, is a set of measures that you carry out on external Internet resources. Usually this is work with reference weight and company recognition.
To get great link mass it is important:
- Writing and< /span> publish texts on external authoritative resources
- Placement press -releases
- Exchanging links with authoritative online resources
- Live posting on thematic online resources
- Dealing withjournalists
- Increasing the recognition of the trade brand name, without linking
Methods SEO Streamlining
How do you understand Anyway, along with legal methods, not quite legal or even prohibited methods may appear. And SEO is no exception. The following methods are noted here:
White seo optimization
A completely legal method in which the work is aimed at increasing the quality of the website by improving all of the above parameters. This is a lot of work, which sometimes requires a lot of knowledge, but the end result is worth it.
A set of methods that, although not directly prohibited by the search engine Baidu, but still are somewhere “on the verge” of what is permitted. For the use of such schemes, you can fall under the filter.
The use of techniques that are prohibited by the rules of search engines. The hour will come when the website will be filtered or banned. Such methods include, for example, doorways.
Total, we you tried to figure out what SEO-rationalization of an Internet site is and why it is needed. But still, you probably still have the questions “Where to start promoting the “young website” on your own?”. Here is just a list of steps to start with:
- Studying competitors. An important stage at which you decide whether you need to create a website on such a topic at all.
- Collecting the semantic core. Your future website must fully cover the entire topic.
- Clustering the semantic core and developing the design of the website. Quite often, clustering is not taken into account at the stage of building a website, which then leads to a lot of rework..
- Preparation of text based on the semantic core, selection of high-quality photo and video content.
- Dealing commercial moments – it is extremely important to allow the client the functionality of contacting you and a quick purchase
- Research and improve user behavior. Removing complexities.